ms. M. Mpahlwa
Ms. Ncumisa Qaba
The department of Operations has been established to ensure a clean and accountable governance; identify the Council’s Development priorities and Objectives and internal transformation needs so as to ensure effective functioning of the Council structures. To assist and to ensure public participation in decision making processes of the Municipality. To ensure mainstreaming of Special Programmes into the district and other sector departments programmes; and to deepen local democracy through community participation; To promote and implement the Integrated Development Planning with other spheres of Government including intergovernmental Relations. To gather information and research on specific policies, strategies and programs relevant to Local Government. To ensure explicit alignment between IDP and Budget during planning. To coordinate the implementation of the Performance Management System.
Co-ordinate the operations for the offices of the Executive Mayor, the Speaker the Chief Whip of Council and the Chairperson of the Municipal Public Accounts Committee (MPAC) and coordinating the programs, projects, activities and support for the following Units:
- Integrated Planning and Public Participation.
- Monitoring and evaluation of municipal performance within Mbhashe Local Municipality
- Internal Auditing, Risk management as prescribed in the MFMA as a compliance issue.
- Communications and Customer care.
- Legal Compliance
- Special Programs (Youth, Women, Elderly, Children and the Disabled).
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Council Support